Sports English Premier League: Weekend's fixtures and comments of managers

The English Premier League will be back this weekend and as expected lots of fireworks will be going off in the games to be played.

With the league being on a two weeks hiatus following an international break, the feel good factor returns when teams continue competing against each other.

The top four is already taking shape, with the exception of Southampton who are third on the table, all others are back on familiar territory.

Noteworthy is Manchester United who are now fourth on the table as they look to qualify for the Champions League next season having missed out last season.

So below we curated all the comments from the top managers as they prepare their teams for this weekend's matches.

Jose Mourinho:
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho on Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger apologising for pushing him during their feisty game Stamford Bridge said: "I have no reaction. You had my reaction after the match when I told you nothing happened. You had a reaction from the FA that nothing happened."

Mourinho also took time to disprove the comparisons likening him to Brian Clough.

"I feel flattered with this comment [by Crystal Palace manager Neil Warnock] that I've been compared to Brian Clough, but there is no comparison - he is a legend in English football.

"What happened with Nottingham Forest will stay forever - a big loss because he went so early. The legacy of Mr.Clough - it has no comparison."

Manuel Pellegrini:
The Manchester City coach has doubted that his team will be able to replicate last season's 6-0 thumping of Spurs when they clash at the Etihad.
"We are not expecting to score 6 goals every time we play Tottenham. Last year Spurs away was one of the best games we played. We hope tomorrow to play a very good game but it will be very different [to last season]."

"Until the next international break we have 7 games in 3 competitions. The best way is to treat the next game as a final."

Brendan Rodgers:
The Liverpool manager dwelt more on the row this week involving Raheem Sterling who asked to be rested in England's Euro qualifier against Estonia.

"It's been grossly unfair how Raheem has been criticised for something he did not say."

"I'm fed up reading about this club v country row, claims we intervened and put pressure on Roy Hodgson," said Rodgers.

"At no point did Raheem Sterling say he didn't want to play for England. The boy is being hung out to dry and I dare say the criticism will continue for a few more weeks to come because of this."

On his training methods: "I have seen a lot written about this second-day recovery. Liverpool players do not spend the second day after a match with their feet up on the couch.

"Our game demands a lot on players, but the second day is a technical session and that is very important for your younger players. That has always worked for me throughout my career."

"I am quite relaxed. We will look where we are after ten games. If Phil Jagielka does not score a wordlie in the last minute when we play Everton then we are two points better off and in the top four.

"We lost a world class player in the summer and brought in some others and that takes a little time to bed down. But the players here are absolutely magnificent in their desire to be better. I would prefer for progress to be steady because we would get there."

Arsene Wenger:
There are reports that Wenger might be forced to play Nacho Monreal at Center back position against Hull City following the unavailability of his key players due to injuries.

In fact the Frenchman blamed his club's woes on the FIFA World Cup tournament: "There are a lot of post-World Cup injuries and not many soft tissue injuries," Wenger told reporters.

"I gave [those who played at the World Cup] until August 11, Germany played the final on July 13, that was a month and should be enough after a big competition.

"For example, Giroud - I don't know what we can do about Giroud's injury. Debuchy was on his own when he did the ankle.

"Then you have Ozil. You know how Ozil did the injury? Passing the ball with the outside of his left foot. He must have done that a million times. He just wanted to give the ball like that and heard a little crack.

He added: "I think we have made progress. What's different is we have a bit more prevention than before for the players to prepare. For us this season, we had big injuries and coincidental injuries."

Louis Van Gaal:
Unlike Wenger, Manchester United manager Van Gaal is welcoming back his players from injuries, with only four players still out.

"I'm very happy because there are no injuries from the internationals.

“I don’t need any players from the second team in training. I am very happy we have no injuries in the international games and the other players are recovering.

"OK, some players who are recovering are not able to play but we are in a good way."

And the Dutchman is looking at finding the right balance for his team when they play West Brom on Monday.

"West Brom are very difficult to beat, especially at their home but we have to start with a victory after the international break.

"I have confidence in my players and that's important, but it's more important they have confidence in the manager and staff.

"We could have done better because I don’t think that we are in balance now.

"I’m sorry to say that but that is the truth. When you see Everton the last 15 minutes or Leicester the last 15 minutes or West Ham the last 30 minutes. When you see the first 60 minutes it’s fantastic.

"You can say you’re not fit enough but I don’t believe that. We are looking for that in training session and evaluation images."

Fixtures:

Manchester City vs Tottenham 12:45
Arsenal vs Hull 15:00
Burnley vs West Ham 15:00
Crystal Palace vs Chelsea 15:00
Everton vs Aston Villa 15:00
Newcastle vs Leicester 15:00
Southampton vs Sunderland 15:00

Sunday
QPR vs Liverpool 13:30
Stoke vs Swansea 16:00

Monday