Sports Guus Hiddink Reads Riot Act To Chelsea Players

New Chelsea manager, Guus Hiddink has warned his players to put whatever happened between them and the former boss, Jose Mourinho behind them and bring their 'A-game to help the club climb back to the summit of the league.

guus hiddink1.jpg

Hiddink watched his new inherited team beat Sunderland 3-1 last weekend and will be overseeing his first game in his second spell as an interim manager at the Bridge on Boxing day when the Blues will face Watford at home.

He further explained that he is not interested in drawing conclusions from anything that happened prior to his arrival.

Watford are currently occupying the 7th position with 28 points, 10 points more than the EPL defending champions, and the manager is looking to a bright start on Saturday.

The defending champions are 15th on the log with

"I want to have a blank approach to them,’ Hiddink said.

"It’s difficult to judge why they weren’t performing in the past. You can judge well when you are inside the house. I don’t want to know a lot about that."

"I want to make my own decisions not based on whatever has happened in the past year."

"The players have a profound obligation to perform,’ he continued revealing what he expects of them."

‘"They are here at a big club. They are well paid. They must have this heart full of desire like an amateur. I don't need players who don't have the desire."

Hiddink considered what other positive effects renewed desire might have.

"When you are in this cycle of not getting good results, then luck doesn't come to you either. You must push the luck, but when you're in a negative cycle then it’s the other way round - look at the goal conceded against Bournemouth. That happens to a team in that cycle. That's not always to do with desire. But we must push luck now through desire."

Hiddink is looking forward to working closely with assistant first team coach Steve Holland who he says has done a ‘terrific job’, including during Saturday’s game against Sunderland when he and Eddie Newton took charge of the team. He wants Holland to continue to be heavily involved during training and matches.

Back