Metro I Did Not Steal, Return My Passport – Ex-OAU VC, Elujoba, Tells EFCC

P

PressRoom

The erstwhile Acting Vice Chancellor of the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Prof. Anthony Elujoba, has told anti-graft agency, Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) that he did not steal, and as such demands that his international passport seized, be released to him.

Elujoba is being quizzed by the anti-graft body on some allegations of fraud in the university.

upload_2017-6-8_11-36-9.png

L-R: Elujoba, Atiku Abubakar at the Annual Prof. Popoola Ademola Popoola Public Lecture, at OAU, held recently.

Elujoba, while handing over to the new Vice Chancellor, Prof. Eyitope Ogunbodede, yesterday said he did not steal a dime from the institution's purse, but instead, donated his own money to the endowment fund of the university.

The EFCC had invited Elujoba and the bursar of the university in December 2016 for the payment of hazard allowance totalling about N1bn to academic and non-academic members of staff of the university.

Elujoba said he did not steal any money from the university or anybody and regretted the continued confiscation of his travel document, thereby preventing him from traveling out of the country.

“As for the EFCC, I must say that I am seriously handicapped by inaccessibility of my passport presently in their hands and which I need for my various intellectual assignments frequently as an international herbal scientist. I have not stolen one kobo of anybody rather I donated personal cash,” he said.

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-8_11-34-33.png
    upload_2017-6-8_11-34-33.png
    595.3 KB · Views: 10
Back