Sports Leicester City Jamie Vardy Get Guiness Book Of Records Certificate

Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy has today been presented with his Guinness World Records certificate in honour of his 11-game record goal-scoring run in the Barclays Premier League.

Jamie Vardy.jpg

The England striker, who accepted the award at Leicester City's ground ahead of this weekend's fixture against Swansea city broke Ruud van Nisterooy's 10 consecutive goals in 10 games record, set over a decade ago, to become the first player with 11 goals in 11 games.

Vardy also have a chance to equal the record of the Most Consecutive English Top-Flight Games scored in, held by former Sheffield United player Jimmy Dunne who scored in 12 games during the 1931/32 season.

In a moment that will long be remembered by City fans, Vardy netted his 14th goal of the season during the 1-1 draw against Manchester United at the King Power Stadium last Saturday evening.

His goal scoring run has stretched across three months from 29 August to 28 November. Vardy's incredible scoring streak beats a record previously set by former Manchester United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy, who managed to keep his record of 10 unchallenged for an impressive 12 years.

Speaking about his Guinness World Records title, Vardy said: “I’m delighted to have broken the record, but the most important thing is that the team is getting positive results. I’ve managed to get on the end of things, but it’s my teammates that have got me into the positions and all of our hard work that is making the difference. The record is a nice thing to have, but I don’t mind who is scoring the goals, as long as we keep picking up points every time we go on the pitch."

The full list of games Vardy has scored in:
29 August: Bournemouth 1-1 Leicester
13 September: Leicester 3-2 Aston Villa
19 September: Stoke 2-2 Leicester
26 September: Leicester 2-5 Arsenal
3 October: Norwich 1-2 Leicester
17 October: Southampton 2-2 Leicester
24 October: Leicester 1-0 Crystal Palace
31 October: West Brom 2-3 Leicester
7 November: Leicester 2-1 Watford
21 November: Newcastle 0-3 Leicester
28 November: Leicester City 1-1 Manchester United