Sports Liverpool Vs Man U: 5 Reasons You Should Not Miss This Match Tonight

kemi

Social Member
Liverpool vs Manchester United is one of the most eagerly awaited fixtures of any football season, but there is added spice going into this one.

manu liv.jpg

There are a number of fascinating subplots away from the field, not least Jose Mourinho's first trip to Anfield as the manager of Manchester United.

Here are 5 reasons you should not miss the match:

1. Coaches outburst

A Manchester United, Liverpool match is always intense so are the coaches mood. Mourinho was already a vastly unpopular figure on Merseyside from his time as Chelsea boss, but he is now perhaps the most hated football figure in the region following his decision to take over at Old Trafford. On the other part, an active Jurgen Klopp will look for every means to turn over Liverpool poor form against Man U. a touchline or tunnel outburst should not be ruled out in this match.

2. So much to prove on both sides

This will increase the intensity of the game. The two teams go into the match in contrasting form, with the Reds on a run of four Premier League wins in a row and United having won just one top flight match since August. Liverpool will aim to sustain the form while another loss to the Mourinho team will raise questions at Old Trafford. The players are aware of what it at stake and they will bring this on the pitch.

3. Anfeild factor

A night match at Anfield is a daunting prospect for any visiting team, not least Manchester United, as we found out in the first leg of last season's Europa League last 16 tie between the two teams. The fans, their spirit, emotion, noise and sometimes, aggressiveness. In short, the Manchester United team should expect a hostile environment.

4. Interesting build up

The build-up to the game has been interesting. In his interview, Jurgen Klopp said: "They have big quality and we have to respect this, as we do. But this is Anfield. We have to show this. We have had a few nice atmospheres but I'm open for the best atmosphere. We need everybody in a Liverpool shirt in this game." For Mourinho, humility foreplays the game; "I look forward to it. I always like to play at Anfield. I won many times there, I also lost, I won big matches, I lost big matches, so I can't say I like to go there because I'm always successful, because it's not true.”

5. Interesting players to watch

On the Liverpool side, players such as Henderson, Mane have been on firing form. For Man U, Ibrahimovic, Pogba and Rashford are fascinating to watch.

Back