Politics Mama Taraba Clashes With Gov Darius Over IDPs Food

L

LequteMan

Nigeria's Minister of Women Affairs, Aisha Alhassan on Tuesday drew the ire of Governor Ishaku Darius over the welfare materials of IDPs in Taraba state.

According to Premium Times, a large number of hungry IDPs who had gathered in Jalingo to receive the food items broke down in tears when it was announced that they wouldn't be getting anything.

Mrs. Alhassan, who arrived her home state on Friday to distribute federal government relief materials to the IDPs, said the state government refused to release the items.

She told hundreds of IDPs that she was not allowed access to the grains that were shipped in by 10 trailer trucks.

“On behalf of Mr. President, let me first thank all the IDPs for investing your time to wait for the relief items, I want to urge you to remain law-abiding," she said. “The era of impunity is over, and I want to assure you that the Federal Government will not take (this) kindly."

However, when contacted Governor Darius' spokesman, Sylvanus Giwa, said “the minister is rude and due process was not followed. We expected her to accord the state government due respect; but she had refused to even recognize the fact that there is a sitting governor in the state”.

Attachments

• Aisha-Alhassan.jpg
    Aisha-Alhassan.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 18
Back