Politics Mama Taraba Speaks On Endorsing Atiku: Those Criticizing Me For Disloyalty Are Mischievous

L

LequteMan

Nigeria's Minister for Women Affairs, Aisha Alhassan, has opened up on the reason she endorsed Atiku Abubakar for the 2019 presidential elections, despite being a member of the current administration's cabinet.

Alhassan was recently caught on camera endorsing the former Vice President for the 2019 presidency.

In an interview, she said those criticising the Sallah visit to Atiku in Yola, were being “mischievous”
as her Sallah homage to Abubakar did not amount to disloyalty to Buhari.

She explained that Abubakar had remained her political mentor over the years and was still a stalwart of the All Progressives Congress (APC), adding that her loyalty to Buhari and his administration, which she serves as a minister, was “unshakable”.

“In a nation where politicians are quick to dump the people that assisted them to get to where they are, for political expediency, I have chosen to maintain a long standing family relationship with Abubakar, as well as Buhari, who I consider as a father," she told the News Agency of Nigeria.

She added that Buhari said he wouldn't contest in 2019 and she'd resign if he changes his mind.

“If today Mr. President says he is running in 2019 I will go to him respectfully and thank him for giving me an opportunity to serve and then tell him that I have to resign because my political father may be running,” said Alhassan.

Attachments

• aisha alhassan.jpg
    aisha alhassan.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 15
Back