Sports Man City v Arsenal Result: What Arsene Wenger Said After 2-1 Loss

L

LequteMan

Arsene Wenger's Arsenal side on Sunday fell to fourth position on the log after they were beaten by a fighting Manchester City side at the Etihad stadium.

Theo Walcot put the Gooners ahead in the opening minutes before Sane leveled moments into the second half. Raheem Sterling got the winner minutes later after he received a brilliant long ball from Kevin de Bruyne.

Speaking after the game, Arsenal Manager, Arsene Wenger said:

"I'm disappointed, very frustrated as well. We had a very good first half, it was wrong not to score the second goal in the first half. And in the second half we were caught cold. But on top of that, I must tell you, the two games (vs Everton and Man City) the decisions were really against Arsenal and that is really difficult to accept in a game like that.

He also complained about the officiating in the game. "I believe it's a lot going on at the moment but it's not serious. "

"We were dominated in the second half, I agree with that. On top of that, I believe the first goal gave them a lot of hope. And then after that, we were down. We suffered them, for twenty, twenty-five minutes we came back into the game but I feel it's difficult for the players as well to see what happened today.

"I think we were unfortunate. When you look at the game, we are a bit jaded physically.

Attachments

• arsene 2.jpg
    arsene 2.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 11
Back