Sports Nigeria not qualifying for the Nations Cup was devastating- John Ogu

Nigerian international John Ogu, has expressed his disappointment over the failure of the Super Eagles to qualify for the 2015 African Nations Cup tournament.

The Super Eagles will not be able to defend the trophy that they won last year in South Africa, after failing to qualify from their group, missing out on a place in Equatorial Guinea.

Ogu said that he was left devastated that Nigeria was unable to pick up a win against the South Africa in their last qualifiers in Uyo, which ultimately sealed their non-qualification for the Nations Cup.

"I was devastated to say the least. It was a black Wednesday for me. I felt bad when we failed to qualify," he told supersport.com.

"Even though I haven't been part of the set up of late, It didn't stop me rooting for the team. My teammate here (at Be'er Sheva) Austin Ejide has been part of the team so I get to hear most of the details from him.

"It was a sad day for our football. I'm a fan of the Super Eagles first and foremost, I felt the pain like any other Nigerian."

"I felt sad like everyone else in Nigeria, but nothing can be done than to think of the future," Ogu said.

"What can be done is to make sure we keep working harder than we actually do so that we can be African champions once again.

"Yes, I believe we can. I believe we can win the Africa Cup of Nations again," he added.

John Ogu.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back