Politics Northern Senators Warn State Governors Against Tagging Herdsmen 'Fulani'

A

abujagirl

Northern Senators Forum has warned state governors and groups to stop making inflammatory comments about clashes between herdsmen and farmers.

fulani herdsmen.jpg

According to THE PUNCH, Chairman of the Forum, Senator Abdullahi Adamu, in a message issued on Wednesday said, ''A governor is a community leader. The only difference is that he has a label called governor. If you don’t mind, in recent times it started with the South-West when elder statesman Olu Falae had a very nasty experience.

“It was attributed at the time to Fulani herdsmen. And at the end those people were apprehended, they were not Fulani. This thing has been going on in virtually all over the country today. If we now say that everybody should rise and say herdsmen should leave, we will not have a country.”

“If you are fair to the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, you will appreciate and disseminate the fact that we have tried to kill the idea that every herdsman is a Fulani man. As I talk to you, I have a farm, I rear cows. I am not Fulani by birth. And if you go through some northern states, you will see a lot of them.

“In fact, if you go to the South-East, you will see young men who have been emulating the Fulani in their various communities and they are involved in cattle rearing.”

Back