NYSC DIARY : Goodbye Lagos

A

abujagirl

My Service year is over! . It felt really good dumping my Khaki and crested vest into the waste bin once i got home. It also felt good watching @Samguine almost cry when i dropped by the office to say 'goodbye'.

NYSC DIARY.jpg

It has been a beautiful year - i'm glad i was an Eko corper. This year has been a pretty interesting year for me - i mastered the art of jumping into buses without cringing, became a better team player and I grew a heart. This year made me more appreciative of my dad's efforts in ensuring i have a better life. I am grateful for all the stress he shielded me from, grateful for the middle class lifestyle i've enjoyed all my life.

As i prepare to leave Lagos, i'll carry with me the stench from over crowded buses, the strong energy in the city, the Lagosian's hunger for success and the every unexpected smile gifted to me by kind strangers.

I'll never forget the adults i saw 'lapping' in bus, the old man who hugged me when i offered to buy him food instead of giving him the N100 he begged for, school children in tattered uniforms walking long miles to get an education. I'll also never forget the lifestyle of the wealthy amongst whom i resided in VGC.

I am grateful for the wonderful and energetic people at Nigerianbulletin.com - i'm grateful they put up with my BS and supported my growth. I'm also grateful to Bishop Benson Oritsejolomisan and family for making sure i remained a 'baby girl' while in Lagos.

This is the part where i cry :( . I'll miss gossiping with @ese - office gossip is so dope. I'll miss walking to the bus stop with @Samguine , i'll also miss badmouthing him - what am i going to do with my foul tongue now? . I'll miss arguing Buhari/Nigeria matters with @RemmyAlex - we need to book Skype dates. I'll miss asking @kemi 'won't you buy food?' . I'll miss asking @Oluogunjobi silly questions just to get into his head.

I'll miss the immunity that comes with rocking government khaki, i'll miss my ranting LGI, I'll miss my N19,800 allawee :mad::mad::mad: Choi ! na so free money don take end. I'll also miss the friends i may never see again.

Lagos has been good to me but Port Harcourt is yelling my name. @Jules has left the building [drops mic]

Grown men don't cry.........

*runs to the bathroom and wails deeply*
:(:(:(:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back