Politics Obasanjo Speaks - ''I inherited $3.7 billion in reserve, while Buhari met $30 billion''

A

abujagirl

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has opened up on how much he met in Nigeria's treasury when he assumed office as President in 1999.

obj-buh.jpg

According to TRENT ONLINE, in a weekend interview Obasanjo said ''When I assumed office in 1999, I inherited $3.7 billion in reserve, while Buhari met $30 billion, almost 10 times of what I met then, and the price of oil then was $9. When it got to $20, I was dancing.

“I know the price is down now and with time, it will jump up again. What Buhari is doing currently is preparing ground for Nigeria to take advantage when it goes up again,” he maintained.

Baba should go away with his sanctimonious lifestyle. What's he trying to justify? He is the genesis of Nigeria's problem. We need your apology instead of this antagonistic statements.

Baba is absolutely right on his criticisms against the lazy President Mohamadu Buhari who is full of complains since he came to office last year. The justifications behind his statement is that the country's Reserves and oil price is better than his time, and he did well with little he had then

Baba is absolutely right on his criticisms against the lazy President Mohamadu Buhari who is full of complains since he came to office last year. The justifications behind his statement is that the country's Reserves and oil price is better than his time, and he did well with little he had then

Back