Sports Ogbuke and Musa looking forward to victories in their Champions League Games

Nigerian international Chinedu Ogbuke Obasi is already looking forward to tonight's game against Chelsea in the UEFA Champions League.

Chelsea will this evening host Schalke 04 at Stamford Bridge and Ogbuke is confident they can cause an upset in the encounter.

Ogbuke acknowledges that it is going to be a tough game against Chelsea but believes that they can pull through.

“I think it is going to be a tough game for us because Chelsea are in good form and my team are battling injuries." Ogbuke told AfricanFootball.com

“I respect Chelsea as a team, they have good players and a good manager like Schalke 04, and I think we can manage ourselves for victory.”

“We have players who have played in this competition before and we are as ready as Chelsea are,” he said.

“No big deal if we upset Chelsea, every game can’t go their way all the time and they must be humble enough on the pitch.

“In the Champions League, upsets happen, there is no underdog and that’s why a team like Schalke 04 will always be there. We are top team.”

Obasi could line up against national teammate and friend,John Obi Mikel if he is selected by the Blues for the game.

Another Nigerian international who is going to be in action tonight is Ahmed Musa. The Super Eagles winger is hoping that he and his CSKA Moscow team will beat Roma in their clash.

“I always want to win. I am looking forward to a good game as a player and collectively for my team CSKA against Roma in Italy,” Musa said.

“It is not going to be an easy match we all know and we have prepared for a very tough match.

“Getting a win or draw will be a good way to start for us in the competition.”

Obasi.jpg

Back