Politics Olisa Metuh: I'd Rather Starve Than Refund The N400m To EFCC

P

ProfRem

Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) spokesman Olisa Metuh told the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) that he would rather go on hunger strike than refund the money, which is believed to be part of the $2.1 billion arms cash allegedly diverted at the Office National Security Adviser (ONSA).

OlisaMetuhEFCC.jpg

EFCC chair Ibrahim Magu, who revealed Metuh’s position yesterday in Lagos, stressed that the war against corruption had just begun.

Speaking during a meeting with online reporters, Magu vowed to bring corrupt elements to justice, explaining that the looting of the nation’s treasury “is mind boggling”.

He said former Military Administrator of Kaduna State Brig.-Gen.Jafaru Isa had refunded N100 million of the N160million he collected from the ONSA.

He said former President Goodluck Jonathan would not be invited over the $2.1billion arsm deals because memos and documents on the disbursement of the money were not approved for political campaigns.

- TheNatiom

This man will just die and nothing will happen. Nigerians are now wise. Infact, as the case going now, I think the federal government and efcc just want to collect the money back without prosecution. So insisting on not going to return it. I'm confuse oooo...

Empty heroism. The sun will shine and the rain will fall the day after. Ask Abiola's family. Ask Abacha's family. Ask Abubakar Audu's family. The Yoruba will eat their gbegiri; the Hausa, their tuwo; the IGBO, their ngwongwo!

Back