P

PressRoom

The Olugbo of Ugbo kingdom, Oba Fredrick Akinruntan has got the ire of the council of obas over a superiority statement he made recently.

Olugbo had while speaking at an event in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, on Sunday, said, “I am the leader of all obas in Yorubaland. I speak with thunder in my mouth and I make bold to say so. No one is above me in Yorubaland inasmuch as it has been accepted that we are from Ife. I am the one that Oduduwa met at Ife. We are the husband of Moremi Ajasoro. Anyone who wants real Yoruba blessing should approach me. I am the one bestowed with the power.”

upload_2017-5-16_11-2-20.png

The council of Obas, through the Secretary General, Council of Yoruba Obas, has described the Olugbo as an attention-seeking monarch for such statement.

He said, “Oba Akinruntan is an attention seeker. He is a rabble rouser, he deserves no response but some people especially outside the country may tend to believe his claim if he is not corrected.

“His utterance is part of royal rascality we are talking about. Does he want to rewrite history or what? Nobody can rewrite history. The late Ooni Sijuwade made it possible for him to become the Olugbo.

“He must withdraw that statement within the next 96 hours which is four days. What he is saying is abominable in Yorubaland.”

Back