- Omotola Jalade Ekeinde is one of Nollywoods’s foremost actress and philanthropist . She popularly known as ‘omo sexy’.
- Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde did not plan to be actress. She got into acting by accident. She followed her friend to an audition who didn’t get the part. The friend encouraged Omotola to try out for the role.
- The Nollywood actress was born in Lagos and grew up indifferent areas around the city - Ikoyi, Ketu and Iyana Ipaja.
- Omo sexy got married to Captain Mathew Ekeinde in 1996 at the age of 18 and is blessed with 4 children.
- Omotola Jalade has her tertiary education in two schools - Obafemi Awolowo University and Yaba College of Technology, where she studied Estate Management.
- The Nollywood star made her first movie appearance in the movie ‘Venom’ in 1995.
- Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde was paid N43,000 for her first role.
- The movie star was meant to act in the sequel of the classic movie ‘Nneka The Pretty Serpent’ but turned down the role because of her mother.
- Omotola Jalade is the first Nollywood star to have her own reality show in 2012.
- Omo sexy is popular with family brands. She’s a brand ambassador for brands- scanfrost, Knorr and BO16.
- Her second daughter earned N2.4m from her Knorr endorsement in 2015.
- In 2013, the Nollywood star was listed as one of the top 100 influential people in the world by Time Magazine, in the icons category.
- She is the 1st African celebrity to receive one million likes on Facebook.
- Omotola Jalade is multilingual, she speaks her local dialect and a little IGBO as well.
- In 2014, she was awarded the Order of the Federal Republic in recognition of her contribution to Nollywood.
Photos of Omotola (Omo Sexy)
Credits: slickson.com, nollywoodforever.com, usafricaonline.com