Sports Osaze Odemwingie excited his coach values his worth at the club

Odemwingie.jpg
Super Eagles and Stoke City striker, Peter Odemwingie has expressed happiness at his early return to first team action adding that his manager, Mark Hughes’ believe in his ability to deliver.

The 33-year-old Nigerian international, who was injured for over eight months owing to his cruciate knee ligament injury featured for the Potters’ in their 0-2 loss to Swansea City on Saturday.

According to him, it feels great with the reception and motivation plus his manager’s believe in him.

"I feel really, really happy, especially with the reception, and the encouragement I've had throughout my injury," Odemwingie told Stokesentinel.

"It was very motivating to come back because people didn't think I would come back before the end of the season.

"[Mark Hughes] trusts my ability, which is a big lift for me," he added.

"He believes that with my experience over so many years in the game, I will still be able to do the right things when picked.

“I was surprised to come back because I was planning to play a few games in the reserves, but I got a few goals in training and I was happy because the faster you meet the enemy the better life can be.”

He also expressed his hopes for the future here at Stoke when it comes to qualifying for European football.

"If it doesn't happen this season, it will happen soon," he continued.

"Mark Hughes is a big attraction himself to players and after two solid seasons, maybe the next one will be even better.

"We don't look like a team whose ambitions are just to stay in the league.

"We are aiming for higher things and we have the feel of a big club," he concluded.

The former Cardiff City player was on parade on Saturday afternoon as his side crumbled 2-0 to Swansea City. He replaced Jonathan Walters in the 81st minute of the encounter played at the Liberty Stadium. Goal

Back