Pique and Iniesta confident Fabregas won’t leave Barcelona

• Thread starter Chris Maduewesi
  • Start date
C

Chris Maduewesi

Both Gerard Pique and Andres Iniesta,believes that Cesc Fabregas will not be leaving Barcelona,despite Manchester United showing keen interest on signing the player.
Manchester United have seen three bids turned down for Fabregas this summer,and Barcelona said last weekend,that the English club have given up on signing the player.
Speaking at a press conference in Bangkok where Barcelona will play against Thailand XI on Wednesday,Pique said that Fabregas had no intention of leaving the club.
“He always looks very relaxed to me,” said Pique “It is normal that a player of his quality has offers on the table but I can confirm that he is staying. It is his life’s dream [to play for Barca], and I am very happy that he stays. It never seemed to me that he had any doubts.”
Iniesta on his part said that he expects Fabregas to stay,despite stiffer competition for places in the team,following the arrival of Brazilian star,Neymar.
“For me he is unquestionable, because I always think that my team-mates are the best,” he said. “Healthy competition between ourselves makes us improve each day. Cesc has performed to a very high level for us. I am convinced that he’ll be doing that again this season.”
Fabregas himself is expected to commit his future to Barcelona at a press conference in Kuala Lumpur on Thursday.

Continue reading...

Back