Politics Queen Dethroned: Patience Jonathan is Nolonger Nigeria's First Lady -Soyinka

A

abujagirl

Nobel laureate ,Wole Soyinka has announced that he nolonger sees Dame Patience Jonathan as Nigeria's first lady; THE CABLE reports.

Soyinka made the comment after listening to the first lady's outburst during campaign rallies organised by the Peoples Democratic Party. The first lady had been quoted saying Muhammadu Buhari, presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC is brain dead and urging supporters to stone anybody that preaches 'Change'.

He told DW, a German radio station, ''What she said was totally unacceptable. I no longer regard her as the first lady of Nigeria''.

He however, said the APC should not take the matter to the International Criminal Court, ICC.

Wole Soyinka.jpg

What cannot be cured must be endured. Our first lady would have been on the throne for 1400 days (May 29th 2011 to March 28 2015), and she has 60 days more to remain on the throne.

I also doubt it that PGEJ will dethrone Mama P since thier offices run contemporaneously and PGEJ being the weaker of the co-gender throne at Aso Villa, dare not to make an attempt that will amount to rolling off carpet from his feet.

Neither the academic dethrone by Prof. WS nor the fear of Mrs. Lauret Gbagbo recent jailed sentence is likely elicit positive changes from our own first lady's demeanour for the remaining one week of the campaign for thier re election.

My advice to those who want to take her to the ICC is that they should wait for one more week to draw all thier changes. If they do it now they will necessarily ask the court again, 'extra papers!'

Back