Sports READ: Arsene Wenger & Pochettino's Reaction to Arsenal's 4-Goal Thriller with Tottenham

L

LequteMan

Arsenal on Saturday fought hard to earn a much deserved 2-2 draw against Tottenham.

Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino on BT Sport: "I am pleased. It's true, when it was 2-1 I am little bit disappointed with the result, but we have to happy we keep the three-point gap to Arsenal. After Harry's goal it was 11 versus 10, and they scored a very good goal but it was our mistake. Overall, the response after the West Ham game was fantastic.

"In our position, two points from the top, we have nine games ahead and we need to be focussed on Thursday against Borussia Dortmund, they are a very tough side too and we cannot stop."

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger on BT Sport: "I am proud of the spirit, but there are big regrets, going down to 10 men was the big regret for the day and it was hard to take. We told Francis Coquelin at half-time because he had yellow already but Eric Dier deserved a second yellow as well and that could have changed the game.

"I never questioned the character of the team, when you lose you have to repsond on the pitch and we did that in a convincing way."

Attachments

• arsene wenger.jpg
    arsene wenger.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 15
Back