Sports Read Guus Hiddink's Reactions To Chelsea's 1-0 Win At Arsenal

Chelsea manager, Guus Hiddink, has showered praises on Cesc Fabregas, following his impressive performance at the Emirate, where he spent eight seasons before leaving for Barcelona.

The Dutch man said Fabregas' mental reaction to his former club helped the team perform, which eventua;;y led to their victory at the Emirate stadium.

"Fabregas has a very controlled, respectful attitude and now he has also made the second step in performing as he has been recently, with his assists and, although deflected, his goal in the last match against Everton,' said Hiddink, who has been particularly impressed with the way Fabregas has reacted to the criticism his form received earlier in the season.

"You can have several reactions to that situation and I think he gave the right reaction, to perform and to help the team perform, which is also important. He made a very good step and what I like is that he's contributing to the team, on the pitch and also outside the pitch with the youngsters, which is good to see."

"It is not just having the right attitude that has helped Fabregas take steps towards recreating last season's outstanding form, with Hiddink seeing a direct link between work in training at Cobham and his sharper performance in matches.

"We didn't say go into the gym and lift 100kg weights! The way we practice in the last weeks emphasises a lot of changing of the rhythm and pace of the game in our exercises, and it made him physically sharp."

"We are prepared and I think the boys on both teams will give a very good battle. Chelsea recovered a bit from the recent period – although we are not on top yet, we want to do more – and Arsenal have the confidence to be all season at the top,' said Hiddink, who stressed that despite the rivalry on the pitch there is mutual respect between the two sides.

"When the game starts there must be a lot of rivalry, which is normal in sport, but outside that I think when people are decent you have to respect them and you have to respect their work as well. But when the whistle blows to start the game then there's a lot of rivalry, which is as it should be."

Attachments

• tomiwababalola.com-Guus-Hiddink.jpg
    tomiwababalola.com-Guus-Hiddink.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 37
Back