Sports Ronaldo wins La Liga's best player of the year and highest goalscorer award; vows to win more titles

2013 World footballer of the year, Cristiano Ronaldo has revealed that hard work remains the secret of his success after he was presented with MARCA's Pichichi and Alfredo di Stéfano awards for La Liga's top scorer and best player for last season.

The Real Madrid star has taken off from where he ended last season, already netting 17 goals for his club this term.

And he has been winning individual titles in the process. Last week, he was presented with the Golden Boot award in Europe after he top-scored across on the leagues,scoring the same number of goals alongside Luis Suarez.

"Picking up these awards again next year would be good; it'd be a sign that I've performed well. My goal is to win things as a team and individually. I work hard towards that end, so if I'm here next year, it'll be a good sign", Ronaldo remarked.

"Everyone has their own way of thinking and working. Playing football is what I most enjoy and I try to do my best. I'll never tire of winning things", the Real Madrid star went on.

"Maybe I'm at my peak, but I always strive to be better than the year before. The time will come when I won't achieve it, though", Ronaldo added, before voicing his delight at how things are going this season: "I'm happy, the team are doing very well and we're improving. My assists and goals stats aren't too shabby. I want to keep learning".

rsz_ronaldo_pic.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back