Politics Senator Waku to Buhari - If You Don't Probe Obasanjo,Then You're Not Fighting Corruption

A

abujagirl

Senator Joseph Waku, former Chairman Senate Committee on Water Resources, has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to either probe former President Olusegun Obasanjo or dump his anti-corruption war.

Obasanjo.jpg

PUNCH reports that Waku made the call in an interview with journalists on the sideline at the ongoing Annual General Assembly of the Arewa Consultative Forum on Tuesday.

He said, “Look, I am 70 years old now and have been in this game for more than 50 years.

“Therefore, there is no way I can just look at some totality of what people are saying about corruptionand believe it as it has been reported to me. If I have an investigating mechanism, I know that this accusation is real obviously.

“I have access to authority. I have access to Mr. President. I told Mr. President that this corruption probe of past regimes, if you don’t probe Obasanjo, then you haven’t done anything yet. Corruption in Nigeria was introduced by Obasanjo.”

Back