Sports Super Eagles News: Keshi assures victory over Argentina today

rsz_keshi_1.jpg
Head coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Stephen Keshi has assured that the national team will not be settling for a draw when they clash with Argentine's national team later today at the ongoing world cup in Brazil.

Nigeria trails Argentina on the table with the South Americans having amassed six points while Nigeria needs only a draw to reach the round of 16.

If the Eagles beat Argentina, the African Champions will finish as group winners, but a loss, and an Iran victory over Bosnia could potentially lead to elimination.

Keshi, however, has no intentions of holding back. "I never said I'm playing for a draw," said the Nigeria boss.

"We are ready to come out and play football and that's what we are going to do tomorrow.”

Iran almost escaped with a point against the Albiceleste by sitting deep, but Keshi says he won't be looking to emulate their tactics.

"Every game has its own character. Both teams will play different. I might take one or two things out of their game against Iran.

“But I'm not going to take whatever they did against Argentina because I'm sure tomorrow will be a different style, a different character of the game."

The game will be played at the Arena Beira Rio in Porto Alegre, and kick-off is at 1PM local time (5PM Nigeria time).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back