Sports Transfer Deadline Day: Nigeria's Yakubu Aiyegbeni signs for Reading

Nigerian international Yakubu Aiyegbeni has made a return to the England after securing a move to Championship side Reading.

Yakubu made the switch on the last day of the winter transfer window, and will be joining Reading until the end of the season.

"Reading Football Club are delighted to announce the deadline day signing of experienced striker Yakubu Aiyegbeni, who joins Steve Clarke’s Royals until the end of the season" the club announced on their website.

"Having put pen to paper down at the Royals’ Hogwood Park training ground this afternoon, the former Portsmouth, Middlesbrough, Everton and Blackburn frontman will take squad number 20 at Reading. "

The manager Steve Clarke said of the Nigerian: “An experienced goalscorer, Yakubu brings a fantastic scoring record to this club and his addition will complement the strikers we’ve already got at Reading and help us to improve as a team in latter stages of the season.

“I know all about him as a player and I have heard very good reports about him as a personality in the dressing room. He is no-risk signing for us and I look forward to him scoring goals for Reading Football Club.”

Yakubu will be teaming with fellow Nigerian player, Hope Akpan, and will be hoping to get the goals that can fire Reading up to the Premier League.

Attachments

• Yakubu1.jpg
    Yakubu1.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 19
Back