Politics [Video] Is Stealing Corruption? President Jonathan Explains (Media Chat)

curator

Administrator
Corruption: Do Not Use Big Words To Cover Thieves - Nigeria's President Jonathan

corruption1.png

Me i no sabi Grammer but i think a corrupt mind is that who still public funds. If you are in a position and you divert funds to your pocket you are engaged in an act of corruption but the act of stealing is when someone who isn't part of a particular place comes in and take something.
Abeg make una pardon my explanation lol

Me i no sabi Grammer but i think a corrupt mind is that who still public funds. If you are in a position and you divert funds to your pocket you are engaged in an act of corruption but the act of stealing is when someone who isn't part of a particular place comes in and take something.
Abeg make una pardon my explanation lol

I think what he was trying to say is that because we use the word corruption most people do not take it as seriously. It is an elite thing. For example if you are accused of corruption over NGN5Bn, the best you will get in Nigeria is 6 months in jail - Cecilia Ibru, Tafa Balogun etc. But if you are accused of stealing N1m from Zenith bank you will probably get a life sentence. Even the courts treat the words differently. So the idea now is to accuse the likes of Cecilia and co of stealing rather than corruption and call them thieves rather than corrupt people :)

[USERGROUP=4]@Senior Curators[/USERGROUP]

Back