Politics What Jonathan Told Me Before Conceding Defeat to Buhari - Mama Bakassi

A

abujagirl

Florence Ita-Giwa, former presidential adviser on the National Assembly matters has disclosed private details of a conversation she had with former President Goodluck Jonathan just before he conceded defeat.

Mama Bakassi.jpg

Speaking during an interview session with DAILY POST, Ita-Giwa who is popularly known as Mama Bakassi said, “I called former president, Jonathan and told him, ‘why not wait till the result is declared before conceding?’

“This was two minutes after he made the announcement.

“Responding, he said, ‘Aunty, I already know what the outcome would be. I have done the right thing. I am keeping to my word that no blood is worth my ambition.

''I said to him, ‘You are great indeed’. He thanked me for my call.”

“I don’t regret supporting him, but we thank God for the peace and unity of the country.”

Did he really concede to defeat because no blood is worth his ambition Coz left to me, a lot of people died as a result of mismanagement of nation's wealth, looting of funds and their nonchallant attitude to the needs of the people.

Did he really concede to defeat because no blood is worth his ambition Coz left to me, a lot of people died as a result of mismanagement of nation's wealth, looting of funds and their nonchallant attitude to the needs of the people.
Brilliant!

Not sure your statement is relevant to the current discussion. The question to ask is, what would have happened if he didn't go quietly into the night.

Not sure your statement is relevant to the current discussion. The question to ask is, what would have happened if he didn't go quietly into the night.
My previous statement is 100% relevant to the post. Like I stated earlier, him not conceding to defeat will not make any difference either Coz lot of lives were lost during his administration as a result of cluelessness and lack of accountability to the people who voted him into power. Therefore, there is no big deal in what he did....Nigerians were just fed up with the Jonathan-led-government and wanted a change of baton. I rest my case.

My previous statement is 100% relevant to the post. Like I stated earlier, him not conceding to defeat will not make any difference either Coz lot of lives were lost during his administration as a result of cluelessness and lack of accountability to the people who voted him into power. Therefore, there is no big deal in what he did....Nigerians were just fed up with the Jonathan-led-government and wanted a change of baton. I rest my case.

You might want to rest your case but you still have not answered the question. Granted many died as you claimed during his tenure, but what would have happened had he not conceded. That is the question at hand.

No one is justifying the Jonathan regime. But we should also acknowledge that Nigeria dodged a bullet by that singular act.

You might want to rest your case but you still have not answered the question. Granted many died as you claimed during his tenure, but what would have happened had he not conceded. That is the question at hand.

No one is justifying the Jonathan regime. But we should also acknowledge that Nigeria dodged a bullet by that singular act.
I have answered your question. I still insist that there was no big deal in conceding to defeat and by the way the same bullet you claim Nigerians dodged by that singular act has already killed lot of people, so it will make little or no difference if he had not conceded. The worst would have been a war leading to killings which is not new again since lot of lives were lost during his regime. I don't think I'll rest my case if you counter this again.

Back