Business Why I Endorsed Jonathan's Adesina for AfDB Presidency- Buhari

L

LequteMan

Nigeria - President-elect Gen. Muhammadu Buhari has revealed why he support President Goodluck Jonathan's Minister of Agriculture, Akinwumi Adesina, to win the presidential election of the African Development Bank.

Read: Buhari Recommends Adeshina for AfDB Presidency

buhari thinks.jpg

In an interview with Daily Trust, Buhari speaks "I took it up because it’s an international appointment. And I would like Nigeria to gain."

"Though Akinwumi Adesina is a Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) government minister, I want Nigeria to get this appointment, which will be of benefit to us as a nation.

"I sought the support of some Nigerians who are close to us, like the former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, who is a friend to South African President.

Read: Buhari Orders Atiku to Help Jonathan's Man 'Adesina' Clinch AfDB Presidency

"I asked him to take Adesina along with him to President Jacob Zuma. I personally spoke with the Vice President. South Africa will be voting at the AfDB. We need them to support Nigeria. This is a Nigerian issue. I keep our local issue at bay. But when it comes to international ones, I try to do my best," he said.

#Nigeria #Buhari #AkinwumiAdesina #AfDB

Read More: Adesina Deletes Anti-Buhari Tweets After Being Endorsed for AfDB Presidency

Back