Politics Abuja-Kaduna Railway: El-Rufai Replies Ben Bruce- I'm Not Cluelessly Common-Sensical!

L

LequteMan

Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna state has replied Senator Ben Murray Bruce over the debate about who should be given credit for the Abuja-Kaduna railway.

Ben Bruce had initially challenged El-Rufai to a public debate, saying:

‘I hope President @MBuhari remembers to say thank you to former President @GEJonathan for the train ride he enjoyed in Kaduna. Some of us haven’t forgotten that that achievement was ENTIRELY the handiwork of the Jonathan government. Nigeria should give honour to whom honour is due’

Replying, El-Rufai said: ‘Wrong Distinuguisnhed Senator! The Obasanjo administration which Jonathan was not part of, designed, raised the financing and started the EPC of the Lagos-Kano dual track-standard gauge rail system, and the Abuja Light Rail. Yar’Adua-Jonathan stalled both projects for two years!’

“Facts cannot be debated. Opinions are free. While the Obasanjo administration was conceiving the rail modernization programme, Sen Ben-Bruce was organizing beauty contests and Jonathan was a deputy governor. I am not cluelessly common-sensical!”

Attachments

• el rufai bomb.jpg
    el rufai bomb.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 20
Back