Business Aviation Minister Faces Threats As FG Moves to Revoke License of Private Jet Owners

Vunderkind

Social Member
On Tuesday the Federal Government approved the license revocation of private jet owners who use their aircrafts for commercial purposes, which is in contravention of the private operations certificates issued to them by the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority.

Meanwhile the Minister of Aviation, Mr. Osita Chidoka, stated that some private jet operators had begun to threaten him and intimidate employees of his ministry over the FG's decision.

Chidoka said: “I have accepted the recommendation on the FOCC and MCC certificate holders that engage in commercial charter activities in contravention of the NCAA regulation. Therefore, we will revoke their FOCC and MCC; the NCAA should revoke them immediately and impose the penalty of $100,000 on those aircraft.

“I have also accepted that from March 1, 2015, all foreign-registered, private category aircraft that are listed on the OpSpecs Part G of some AOC holders must be removed from that status by the NCAA. Consequently, the aircraft operations will remain grounded until the NCAA approves an alternative operational status for the aircraft.”

“I want to warn most operators of these private aircraft because some of them have started to engage in intimidation; some are sending us threat letters of what happened to previous ministers. But I want to assure them that this minister will not be intimidated.

“I will not bend the rules for anybody in Nigeria and I have the confidence of Mr. President that as the rules are clearly laid, we will apply them without fear or favour.

“So, all aircraft operators, no matter how highly placed they are in Nigeria, must work within the ambit of the law and the regulations of the NCAA. There are no exceptions to these rules and I will not authorise any waiver or exception. Those of them who engage in intimidation and threats, I want to assure them that those days are over in the aviation industry.”

Source: #PUNCH

jet.jpg

Back