Jobberman Partners With PalmChat to Make Job ChatRooms for Nigerians and Ghanaians

Vunderkind

Social Member
Jobberman-and-Afmobi.png

Jobberman.com and the PalmChat makers have entered into a partnership towards creating the first digital chat room for employment opportunities and advice on careers.

Jobberman.com is currently Nigeria’s largest job website, and it announced this partnership with Afmobi (which owns PalmChat). The mega chat room, as it is called, will be called the Jobberman Career ChatRoom, which will be a default for every PalmChat app installed in Nigeria and Ghana.

The general idea is for members of the ChatRoom to receive daily updates on available jobs. The chat room will also allow for career-focused discussions.

PalmChat is a mobile messenger app for users to send and receive text, voice messages and pictures via their data plan.

This is a nice improvement, but PalmChat isn't that popular yet. It'll great if people are aware of PalmChat.

Precisely my point. I only got to know about PalmChat because I saw it on the list of apps the Tecno N3 comes with. While Jobberman is looking to partner with PalmChat, methinks PalmChat needs to look into partnering with a whole lot more mobile phone manufacturers. No mean feat, because I suspect they may not have enough 'cred' for that yet. Which may be why Jobberman is using them, at any rate. A 'scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours' game, methinks.

Agreed. But there are other ways of getting some publicity: Ads, partnership with network providers, etc. Target the youths, y'know. No mean feat like you said, but it'll do them some good.

Again, I agree with you. They probably have ads, if we are talking Google/Facebook ads. Maybe. I think it would be sad if they do not have at least one online ad campaign working for them.

PalmChat is probably biding its time, but with WhatsApp and BBM having the 'youths' on lockdown (not to mention Skype), mahn, it's going to be one helluva power tussle!

Back