World Manchester Arena Blast: 19 Killed, 50 Injured at Ariana Grande Concert in UK

L

LequteMan

Manchester Arena on Monday night was attacked by suspected suicide bombers following an Ariana Grande pop concert.

The explosion occurred shortly after Ariana Grande left the stage at the arena, the city's largest indoor venue with a concert capacity of around 18,000. Twenty three year-old pop start Ariana Grande has a huge following, most of them teenagers and young adults.

The suspected terror attack have claimed 19 lives and over 50 people have been injured.

An eye witness, Emma Johnson who was there with her spouse to pick up her teenage children said "it was definitely a bomb. It was definitely in the foyer."

"We were stood at the top of the stairs and the glass exploded - it was near to where they were selling the merchandise.

"The whole building shook. There was a blast and then a flash of fire afterwards. There were bodies everywhere."

There was fear and confusion everywhere with people running helter-skelter.

British Transport Police corroborated her account, saying the explosion was in the arena's foyer, which connects with Victoria train and tram station, a major hub on the northern edge of the city centre.

Shortly after the blast the station was closed and all trains cancelled.

Ariana Grande expressed sadness at the incident: "broken. from the bottom of my heart, i am so so sorry. i don't have words," she tweeted.

UK Home Secretary Amber Rudd described it as a "barbaric attack, deliberately targeting some of the most vulnerable in our society".

Attachments

• manchester arena blast.jpg
    manchester arena blast.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited by a moderator:
Really sad the world cannot keep people safe anymore. My thoughts and prayers are with all those that have lost their loved ones from bomb blasts.

Back