NYSC DIARY: Preparing For the End

A

abujagirl

My service year ends soon - i'm so excited, wishing i could make the days roll away even faster. It has been a good year but i can't wait to be free from weekly CDS meetings. I can't wait to never wear government Khaki trousers again. But before i leave, i have decided to embark on a serious project.

NYSC DIARY.jpg

Last week i submitted a proposal for a personal CDS project. It's a little project but i'm hoping it will have a huge impact on few lives. The project will kick off once i get the required approval, hoping that happens soon. If e too tey i go just abandon the project - i hate Indian films.

We've been asked to submit a Video CV as part of the requirements for passing out. I intend to submit an empty CD. Can't be wasting my time on a video CV that nobody is ever going to see. Government workers are too lazy to personally check every submitted disc so why not use their laziness to my advantage? .

My friends have started getting jobs :) . None of them has a 'wow' job yet, just regular stuff with normal salary. Some have accepted the jobs, others are still jumping around Lagos for interviews. My vegetarian friend says he's not accepting any salary less than 250k - me, i'm just looking at him like - ''o boy you never hungry''.

This week, i'm hoping to get positive news from the boss who must not be mentioned. Oga, just in case you're reading this - I WANT MULTINATIONAL PAY o_O .

On the side, one of my mentors insists that i do job interviews regardless of whatsoever offer i get from my PPA. According to him ''job interviews offer a very important experience everybody should have'' :rolleyes: . Everyday he's like ''Jules do some interviews and rediscover yourself'', ''Jules you can stay where you are but you need to know what's happening outside'', ''Jules have you sent your CV to ....'' - He's super persistent on this issue. Just last week he said ''Maybe you're not god enough for somewhere else'' - eh, that one pained me sha. For almost three years now [two years Pre-NYSC inclusive] i have worked with one of the finest and most driven new media entrepreneur - How dare you question my skill?

Insult has a way of resetting the brain. So, i have fully edited my Linkedin profile, applied for a few jobs and would soon be doing some job interviews. Will keep y'all posted :)

My service year ends soon - i'm so excited, wishing i could make the days roll away even faster. It has been a good year but i can't wait to be free from weekly CDS meetings. I can't wait to never wear government Khaki trousers again. But before i leave, i have decided to embark on a serious project.

View attachment 91517

Last week i submitted a proposal for a personal CDS project. It's a little project but i'm hoping it will have a huge impact on few lives. The project will kick off once i get the required approval, hoping that happens soon. If e too tey i go just abandon the project - i hate Indian films.

We've been asked to submit a Video CV as part of the requirements for passing out. I intend to submit an empty CD. Can't be wasting my time on a video CV that nobody is ever going to see. Government workers are too lazy to personally check every submitted disc so why not use their laziness to my advantage? .

My friends have started getting jobs :) . None of them has a 'wow' job yet, just regular stuff with normal salary. Some have accepted the jobs, others are still jumping around Lagos for interviews. My vegetarian friend says he's not accepting any salary less than 250k - me, i'm just looking at him like - ''o boy you never hungry''.

This week, i'm hoping to get positive news from the boss who must not be mentioned. Oga, just in case you're reading this - I WANT MULTINATIONAL PAY o_O .

On the side, one of my mentors insists that i do job interviews regardless of whatsoever offer i get from my PPA. According to him ''job interviews offer a very important experience everybody should have'' :rolleyes: . Everyday he's like ''Jules do some interviews and rediscover yourself'', ''Jules you can stay where you are but you need to know what's happening outside'', ''Jules have you sent your CV to ....'' - He's super persistent on this issue. Just last week he said ''Maybe you're not god enough for somewhere else'' - eh, that one pained me sha. For almost three years now [two years Pre-NYSC inclusive] i have worked with one of the finest and most driven new media entrepreneur - How dare you question my skill?

Insult has a way of resetting the brain. So, i have fully edited my Linkedin profile, applied for a few jobs and would soon be doing some job interviews. Will keep y'all posted :)
@Jules Is your job a multi-national job? "How dare you question my skill?" - Knowing one's onions. Great.

View attachment 91517

@Jules Jules Jules Jules....sounds like July. yes, your mentor gave nice advice. Try interviews and rock your world. :)

It is always a good idea to test the waters so there are no regrets... I hear FIRS pays multi-national wages and so does EFCC

It is always a good idea to test the waters so there are no regrets... I hear FIRS pays multi-national wages and so does EFCC
The 20s should be about following a boss you can learn under. Someone you can grow under.

Back