Sports President Buhari Sends Message to U-23 Team at Rio 2016 Olympics

L

LequteMan

President Muhammadu Buhari has sent a message to Nigeria's male football team at the Rio 2016 Olympics, charging them to do the country proud.

A statement by Presidential Spokesman, Shehu Garba says:

On behalf of the government and people of our great country, I wish to express my support to our athletes who have arrived in Rio for the 2016 Olympic Games. I am particularly delighted by the outcome of the football match early this morning in which our football team defeated their Japanese counterparts.

“The sweetness of the victory comes from the fact that it came against all odds. Our team overcame several challenges to put up a sterling performance. This is a good beginning.”

“I am already aware that you have made personal sacrifices in your journey to the Olympic Games. The motivation comes from strong discipline and the love of the nation.”

“As you embark on the search for honours for the nation, I seize this opportunity to assure our Olympians that you have my support and those of all Nigerians.

“Go! Win and return with laurels, I wish you the best.”

Attachments

• buhari speaks.jpg
    buhari speaks.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 18
But they should be ashamed of themselves. The president has traveled all over the world in a short time talking about the image of Nigeria. This is the image everyone would remember and only saved by the resilience of the abandoned. All politicians should crawl into a hole for the duration of the games. All athletes should wear black arm bands to morn the death of leadership in all forms in Nigeria.

But they should be ashamed of themselves. The president has traveled all over the world in a short time talking about the image of Nigeria. This is the image everyone would remember and only saved by the resilience of the abandoned. All politicians should crawl into a hole for the duration of the games. All athletes should wear black arm bands to morn the death of leadership in all forms in Nigeria.

THe Nigeria government has fallen so low on the shamelessness index, it's possible to fall further. If you abandoned them in Atlanta, you don't have the right to tap from the glory of their success.

The only person who should be praised is Mikel, he owns the team now.

Back