Sports Scared Bola Tinubu Dodges Boxing Match Against Evander Holyfield

A

abujagirl

Bola Tinubu, National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC was conspicuously absent at
boxing match where he was supposed to tackle former Heavyweight World Boxing Champion, Evander Holyfield.

tinubu boxing.jpg

The Charity boxing bout was one of the events scheduled to mark Lagos State 50th anniversary celebrations; VANGUARD reports. Lagos state governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, who represented Tinubu, announced his absence at about 10:28 pm and tendered an apology to the waiting crowd.

Also issuing a statement on his absence, Tinubu's spokesperson, Tunde Rahman said, “There was no embarrassment of any form there because Gov. Ambode stood in for him. Don’t forget this was a charity event.

“Asiwaju Tinubu prepared elaborately for the day. He had unusual work out and training sessions. But just then when he was set for the Landmark Event Centre for the highly-highly-anticipated bout, some national exigency emerged that he needed to attend to.”

I had thought this is a joke or one of strategies of reporters to attract readers with a captivating headline. I wanted to see a wrestler with the same name as Asiwaju Bola Tinubu but my intent was disappointed, it is really fun though. Hahahahaha

Abeg how Ambode go with representing Tinubu? Did he kit or he was in his suite?

This game would have ended up announcing Tinubu as winner if he showed up. I just remembered the football match Obasanjo participated in at Akure stadium where he was announced the highest goal scorer. Imagine OBJ scoring a goal or Tinubu knocking down a renown heavy weight. Hahahahaha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back