Metro Suspect Reveals How His Pastor Pushed Him Into Selling Stolen Car

P

ProfRem

A suspect, Olawale Olabinwonnu, working with Cherubim and Seraphim Church in Igbogbo, Ikorodu area of Lagos, Southwest Nigeria as an administrative officer has accused his pastor of pushing him into selling a stolen vehicle.

Olabinwonnu was arrested by the operatives of Rapid Response Squad (RRS) of the Lagos State Police Command Intelligence Team recently for trying to sell a Nissan Sentra, 2015 Model, stolen at gunpoint.

It was learnt that the RRS investigators had on seeing the vehicle on a popular online shopping platform, (name withheld) called its marketer to indicate their interest in buying the car before pretending as couples interested in the car.

The man who took custody of the stolen Nissan Sentra came forward to welcome the buyers before he was arrested. He however assisted the police in the arrest of its marketer in Ikorodu several days later.

sus.JPG

According to Olawale, “the vehicle was given to me to sell by Ahmed Abbey. I met him at Dammy Jay Hotel, Ikorodu. I went there to drink and he came to my table, bought drinks for everybody. That was how I liked him.

“I consulted my pastor twice on the issue of helping him sell a car. First, the pastor told me to go ahead and collect the car from him and sell it. I took the car from Abbey and began to market it but after about three weeks.

“Since I was arrested, I have been calling Abbey to come and explain to the police that he gave me the car to sell, but most of the time, he avoided my calls, at times, he switched off his phone. Presently, he’s no longer picking any call on that line.”

Confirming the arrest, Police Public Relations Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, said that the suspect was helping the police with investigation, adding that efforts were ongoing to arrest the man who gave him the car to sell.

Source: PUNCH

Last edited by a moderator:
Back