World The Complete 2014 Oscars Nominations List is Here!

Vunderkind

Social Member
oscar.jpg

The nominations for the 86th Academy Awards, announced by Chris Hemsworth and Academy president Cheryl Boone Isaacs, is here. The nominations, which were announced on the 16th of January at Los Angeles include the following categories:

For Best Picture

12 Years a Slave, American Hustle, Captain Phillips, Dallas Buyers Club, Gravity, Her, Nebraska, Philomena, The Wolf of Wall Street.

Best Director

Alfonso Cuaron (Gravity), Steve McQueen (12 Years a Slave), Alexander Payne (Nebraska), David O Russell (American Hustle), Martin Scorsese (The Wolf of Wall Street)

Best Actor

Christian Bale (American Hustle), Bruce Dern (Nebraska), Leonardo DiCaprio (The Wolf of Wall Street), Chiwetel Ejiofor (12 Years a Slave), Matthew McConaughey (Dallas Buyers Club)

Best Actress

Amy Adams (American Hustle), Cate Blanchett (Blue Jasmine), Sandra Bullock (Gravity), Judi Dench (Philomena), Meryl Streep (August: Osage County).

Best Supporting Actor

Barkhad Abdi (Captain Phillips), Bradley Cooper (American Hustle), Michael Fassbender (12 Years a Slave), Jonah Hill (The Wolf of Wall Street), Jared Leto, (Dallas Buyers Club).

Best Supporting Actress

Sally Hawkins (Blue Jasmine), Jennifer Lawrence (American Hustle), Lupita Nyong’o (12 Years a Slave), Julia Roberts (August: Osage County), June Squibb (Nebraska.)

Best Adapted Screenplay

12 Years a Slave, Before Midnight, Captain Phillips, Philomena, The Wolf of Wall Street.

Best Original Screenplay

American Hustle, Blue Jasmine, Dallas Buyers Club, Her, Nebraska.

Best Animated Feature

The Croods, Despicable Me 2, Ernest and Celestine, Frozen, The Wind Rises.

Best Animated Short

Feral, Get a Horse!, Mr. Hublot, Possessions, Room of the Broom.

Best Cinematography

The Grandmaster, Gravity, Inside Llewyn Davis, Nebraska. Prisoners.

Best Costume Design

12 Years a Slave, American Hustle, The Grandmaster, The Great Gatsby, The Invisible Woman.

Best Documentary Feature

20 Feet from Stardom, The Act of Killing, Cutie and the Boxer, Dirty Wars, The Square.

Best Documentary Short

Cavedigger, Facing Fear, Karama Has No Walls, The Lady in Number 6: Music Saved My Life, Prison Terminal: The Last Days of Private Jack Hall.

Best Editing

12 Years a Slave, American Hustle, Captain Phillips, Dallas Buyers Club, Gravity.

Best Foreign Language Film

The Broken Circle Breakdown (Belgium)

The Great Beauty (Italy)

The Hunt (Denmark)

The Missing Picture (Cambodia)

Omar (Palestine)

Best Live Action Short

Aquel No Era Yo (That Wasn’t Me), Avant Que de Tout Perdre (Just Before Losing Everything), Helium, Pitaako Mun Kaikki Hoitaa (Do I Have to Take Care of Everything?), The Voorman Problem.

Best make-up

Dallas Buyers Club

Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa

The Lone Ranger

Best music

The Book Thief

Gravity

Her

Philomena

Saving Mr Banks

Best production design

12 Years a Slave