Metro I Miss my Boko Haram Husband- Rescued Chibok Girl Speaks

L

LequteMan

Amina Ali Nkeki, one of the kidnapped Chibok girls who recently regained her freedom, has stated that she still thinks of the father of her child.

Amina who was held by the terrorist group for more than two years, says she was married off a year into her ordeal and later had a baby girl, Safiya.

The couple and their daughter were found on the outskirts of Nigeria’s Sambisa Forest in May. According to Amina, they fled the camp by themselves and were not rescued by the Nigerian military, contrary to reports.

Her husband, identified as Mohammed Hayatu at the time of their escape, said he was also kidnapped by Boko Haram. He is currently in a military facility undergoing interrogation.

Speaking in an interview with CNN on Tuesday in Abuja, Amina said she misses him.

“I’m not comfortable with the way I’m being kept from him,” the painfully shy 21-year-old said. It was the first time she'll be speaking to the media after her freedom from the militants.

Addressing the father of her child directly, she says: “I want you to know that I’m still thinking about you, and just because we are separated doesn’t mean I have forgotten about you.”

She also added that she wants to leave Abuja for her home in Chibok. Her mother expressed worry that she isn't interested in education anymore and wants to be a tailor now.

Attachments

• Amina.jpg
    Amina.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 16
Back