Politics Live Updates from the Anambra 2013 Governorship Election

Idemili North has the highest number of registered voters: 173, 832 people registered here.
The LG 3 with the lowest figure is Anambra West: 43, 172 registered voters..

The Awka ward began voting by 12:15pm.

Voting began at the Enugu Ukwu ward at 1pm.

Accreditation began at St. Michael the Archangel Church in Awada, Onitsha by 12:30pm.

There are reports of an insufficiency of voting materials. If this isn't rectified as soon as possible, this may negatively impact the final voting figures at the end of the day.

Stand by for updates on what INEC is doing about this.

LOL. Then I am as confused as you are, and I wonder why his presence irks the dear Gov. Obi so much

Distractions. They are all playing to the gallery include Mr El Rufai. All the parties will try and will rig during this election. Anyone that thinks differently need deliverance. @[USERGROUP=4]Senior Member[/USERGROUP]

Age is only a number, but your vote is your power - meet 79 year Old Pa Ani, our oldest Anambra voter
IMG-20131116-00102.jpg

Photo credit: Ynaija

There was an outbreak of violence in Akpakaowe at Ogidi, Idemili North LGA. The election officers were beaten up by the youths in the area, and there was no election there. One of the officials (names withheld because she is a Youth Corper) said that the situation was controlled by SSS officials present.

According to the Youth corper official for NYSC, “The PDP officials said they wanted to see the result sheet, when I told them I did not come with it they ordered me to come to speak to the press. After I told them I was barred from speaking to The Press, they dragged me out and started beating me”

Apparently, the number of irate youths beating up the INEC officials was beyond what the Police could control, because the Youth Corper said “At first the Immigration and the Police officers there wanted to intervene but when the youths overwhelmed them, they ran away. The youths beat me and when my supervisor arrived, I ran into his car, and we zoomed off”

Poll results from Ogidi Polling Unit 009, Idemili North

APC – 58

PDP – 22

APGA – 23

LP – 4

ACCORD – 1

DPP – 1

APA – 3

ACD – 1

ACPN – 1

More Results from Aroma Ward 1, Awka South:
APGA – 45