NYSC DIARY : Corps Members Struggling For CDS Leadership Positions Like Jollof Rice

A

abujagirl

Soldier go, soldier come. With Batch A Corps members gone, my Batch - Batch B has been tasked with taking up executive positions. Beautification CD group had their election last Monday. It was very interesting watching the candidates struggle with their big big grammar and fake smiles.

My favorite candidate was one bulky guy with bright pink lips. Dude kept licking his lips after every sentence. He schooled in Ghana and really tried his best in showing off his accent but trust naija bad belles ''you cannot come out of nowhere and be our President'' . He lost.

Next week is the turn of my CD group. I'm not interested in any position, taking a break from politics after years of active unionism in university. It's interesting sitting back and watching people scramble for positions. The only thing i'm struggling for these days is jollof rice , nothing else is that serious. Majority of those who want positions have no plans for the seat they intend to occupy , they just believe it will look good on their resumes' and they get to embezzle small change . They are just like naija politicians.

I wanted to do ''siddon look'' all through the election process but i've changed my mind. Last Monday, one lanky boy in my CD group got up and said nobody should contest for treasurer because he wants the position. Fam, his boldness woke me from my slumber. ''How dare you put your name on a position, who born you? ''. ''Who is your daddy? ''.

Girls bonded over his case after CDS last Monday, everybody dey para ''We don't want any arrogant executive o' , ''We don't want any small boy that cannot recognize his aunties o'' , ''Abeg call me before you leave home on Monday'' , ''I must attend next CDS because of him'' ... Everybody called their ghost corper friend ''Come next Monday o, yawa wan gas'' .

We now have a new candidate for treasurer, that boy is so losing - we've already rallied enough votes to make it happen, just waiting for next Monday. :)

NYSC DIARY.jpg

Back