Metro Solve your Marital Problems yourselves - President Jonathan advises Daughter, Hubby

A

abujagirl

President Goodluck Jonathan on Saturday advised couples to solve their marital problems without seeking their parents’ help.

Jonathan gave the advice in Abuja at the wedding reception held in honour of his daughter, Faith, just married to Godswill Edwards Osim.

"Don’t always go to parents to seek advice, they may not give you the best advice. We are analogue, you are digital. So, settle your differences yourselves to succeed in your marriage.

"It is our duty as parents to pray and encourage you always. So, I urge you to make out time to understand yourselves’’, the President added.

In his sermon, Pastor Enoch Adeboye said the success or failure of the marriage rested on the shoulders of the husband as the head of the family.

"You are the head, take example from the human head which has the most important functions of the body. Use your eyes as the light, listen to your wife and do not criticise her. Encourage her, love her and you will have honeymoon all your life as I've lived happily for the past 44 years with my wife’’, he said.

Adeboye urged the wife to submit totally to her husband and urged the parents not to interfere with the new marriage.

He urged the audience to prepare for the "marriage of the lamb" which he said was the final marriage at the return of Christ to the earth.

The Chairman of the wedding reception, former Head of State, Gen. Yakubu Gowon, welcomed the couple to the "club" of married men and women.

Gowon said that love for one another could solve any problem that could surface during the marital journey.

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, 13 Governors, including Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers, those of Plateau, Benue, Akwa Ibom, Abia, ministers, captains of industry, were among dignitaries who attended the ceremony.

w2.jpg

Back